Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lots of news

Its been awhile since I've posted so this will be a long update!

Baby update: We met with a specialist yesterday about Michaels kidneys. They had seen some cysts in one of the kidneys at our last ultrasound and wanted to take a closer look. It turns out that he has a Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney. Here is the website the specialist gave us for more INFORMATION. It basically means that one of his kidneys isn't functioning. Luckily, only one of the kidneys is affected- if it were both, he could not live. Since he has one perfectly healthy kidney still, he will able to live a normal life but will have to have it monitored. The doctor ensured us that the other kidney looks like it works great. I will continue to see the specialist and my regular doctor throughout my pregnancy. I see my regular doc in about a week and see the specialist again on Sept 15th. Here is a new preggo photo... I'll still be doing the "green shirt photo" again too. (well, as long as I can still fit into it) :)



House update: Our stuff still hasn't arrived! It was guaranteed to be here by the 12th but the ship just arrived in Belgium on the 16th. It was then put on a truck and they said it will be in the area in 10 days. Then, once its here they will call us and set up a time to come deliver it. I can only sleep on this air mattress for so long... they better come fast!! :)

Phone/Internet update: As of last night, we have a home phone and internet! yay! Now we will be able to post more frequently and keep in touch better. Our home phone is a stateside # (with NC area code) so that you guys can call for free. I sent a card out to most of you (the ones I have a current address for)with the phone # on it/our address so you should receive that in the mail soon. I dont want to post that info online but if you dont recieve a card soon and want our address/phone #, just email me.

Travel update: We will be going to Paris this weekend! We are both looking forward to this trip! We booked it through the base and it includes transportation to and from, 5 course dinner, and a boat ride through the city. This last weekend we went to Wittlich, Germany and went to the "Pig Burners Fest" Here is a photo of us there:

That was some delicious pig :) haha We try to take a day trip or go to a festival (which arent hard to find around here) almost every weekend. We've really enjoyed being here so far and look forward to seeing several other countries while we are here.

OK, I'll try to better at posting... I dont have any excuses since we have internet now. haha

1 comment:

em said...

i'm glad to hear things are looking good with the other kidney! :) we'll be praying for you guys!

so, do people tell you the same things i'm hearing? that you don't look like you are as far along as you are? i'm starting to get tired of hearing that! :)