We have been able to get a few things done the past couple days. Opened a bank account, got a list of houses for rent, rented a car, set up an appointment (for Monday AM) to take the German driving test and a few others. Luckily they let you rent the car without having a German license... which is good for us! Its been interesting getting around the area and learning the street signs. Hopefully we will have them all figured out by our test on Mon. Eric has been driving (I'm too scared to yet) and has been doing a good job. This afternoon we have an appt to see one of the houses on our rental list. It looks like its got all the stuff we need. We plan to schedule a few more to look at tomorrow AM. The houses are really neat out here... I'm looking forward to going around and finding one we like. Also, we need to get a doctors appt set up here so I can get an ultrasound done! I'm ready to see if this is a little boy or little girl thats kicking me all day long!
I'm finding it much less overwhelming here than the first day or 2 that we were here. Especially now that the weekend is over and we can start to get some of our errands done. Also, its been fun learning the language. Most people speak at least a little bit of English but every once in a while we just have to point to whatever we want. I guess I should have paid more attention in German class in high school :) I never though I'd actually need to use it!
Max and Roxy are doing well... no more suicide attempts by the cat so far. We try to get Max out and let him run around in a nearby park. Our hotel is a little cramped so he enjoys getting outside!
OK, I think thats about all the news! I'll post more in the next couple days... and hopefully I'll have some pics of our new home by then! :)
2 comments:
Hey there, this thing is tricky to leave a comment. I just tried and it ended up deleting my message. Well anyways. I miss you. Im glad to hear that you are getting adjusted. How exciting to be looking at houses. I cant wait to see pictures. I hope that you are feeling well. How are you doing with the food. What kind of stuff are you eating? I bet driving there would be scary even for you. Good luck on your drivers test. Well I hope to hear from you soon. I miss you LoTS. Love you
Jodi
Thank God, you all are settling in well. It's always so exciting to hear how things work overseas. Have you met any decent people in Eric's squadron yet? Have you heard if the base has a big firework show for the 4th? Can't wait to here the update on things. Take care and give the baby hugs from us.000
Cynthia Austin
Post a Comment