Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moving!

So, once again, its been awhile since I've wrote on here. Sorry!

OK- so there is a lot of news since the last post. We decided a couple weeks ago to start looking around at houses because there were a few things we didn't really like about our current house. Eric wanted faster internet (we had slower than dial up) and I was worried about the stairs being so easy to get to in the living room and the idea of Michael getting hurt on them. Neither of us really wanted to move... we just wanted to find the perfect house and our stuff magically appear in the new place. That didnt happen. But we did find a house and within a couple days already signed the lease and started bringing things over. It happened VERY fast... but around here if you don't act fast, you will lose the house. Also, the same day we signed our new lease, our old landlord put the current house back in the housing listings on base and a family came to look at it and decided to rent it. The new house is just about 15 min east of the base and we were about 10-15 min west of the base. So not bad. Also, the stairwell has doors leading to it so I am able to close them off and let Michael roam freely around the living room and not worry about him tumbling down. So we like the new place. We have gotten most of our things over here to the new house and just have a car-load left from the old house. I'm hoping tomorrow we will have it all over here and I can work on getting things un-packed and put away. On the 28th we have a meeting with the old landlord and his new renters to do a walk through and they will sign thier new lease. Its all working out very smoothly so far! We have also met about 4 of our neighbors and they all seem VERY nice! The ones across the street are Brazillian and brought us over some very tasty food tonight. Also, they have a dog that Max played with some. The ones next door are extremely nice and invited us over to talk and hang out outside since the weather is very nice lately. They dont speak very much English but we can hold a conversation pretty well. Overall, I'm happy with the new house/neighorhood and I'm glad everyone seems so friendly!

Michael is now 9 months old (hard to believe!) and is crawling around and getting into EVERYTHING! His little personality is coming out and he is very vocal abuot what he wants :) haha. He even says da-da and ma-ma and will repeat you if you say it but I'm not sure if he knows what they mean yet. When he associates the words with us then I'll count them as his first words. He is at a very fun age but it has also been challenging to entertain him during the move.

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll put new pictures and videos up soon. Once I get the house settled then I'll get pictures of it too. And as always I'll be putting more of Michael too :) haha. Love you guys!

No comments: